P. (250) 746-8123
23 Queens Road
Exceptional waterfront lot. Build your dream home or a cozy vacation getaway on the lake! Fantastic ¼ acre lot right on a pebble beach in the quiet town of Youbou, on Lake Cowichan. Gorgeous lake and mountain views, on a no-through road. Previous home is gone, but the foundation remains, thou it may not be suitable for a new build. Please see pictures, there is an architectural rendering of a custom home whi...
Beautiful, modern home built in 2018 with an in-law suite, and only five minutes' walk from Shawnigan Lake, known for great swimming, boating and fishing. Only 40 minutes from Victoria. The home has 3 bedrooms and den, 2 bathrooms, plus a 2-bedroom in-law suite, great for generational living. The main floor has a bright, light, open living space with a natural gas fireplace and kitchen with access to the pati...
Great 3 bedroom/1.5 bath townhouse in a small well maintained complex. The home is easily accessed with a ramp at both the front and back doors. The functional and efficient layout of the main floor is very welcoming with a tiled entry and spacious kitchen featuring plenty of wood cabinetry and counter space, and the laundry is conveniently located in an adjacent closet. Next you find the dining room which le...
The best of two worlds, living on 2 acres and minutes from the lake, this 3 bedroom, two bath, 1440 sqft. home is resting atop a full-sized (1440 sqft) unfinished basement, with a 1-car garage and plenty of space for a workshop or art studio. The main living area is a 80’s era manufactured home with accompanying vintage interior, is private and has lots of surrounding forest with potential for a timber harve...
Private 1203 sq ft 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom log home nestled in the woods on a secluded 1.5 acre parcel in popular Mill Bay. Set back from the road, this home is surrounded by trees, featuring a covered porch, entranceway open to the second floor with large beams supporting the roof of the home, a large living room with wood stove and brick hearth, a kitchen, a bedroom and a bathroom. Upstairs is another bedroom...
Beautiful condo in a unique downtown building, built with a central courtyard. This bright and spacious 2 bed + den/2 bath second floor unit has a functional and pleasing floor plan. Features include gorgeous laminate flooring throughout, new stainless appliances, lots of large windows, and outdoor space on the deck. The generous master bedroom has a 4pc ensuite and access to the deck. A second bedroom, 3pc b...
Quiet 50+ condo in the beautiful Cowichan Valley. Situated right beside the Cowichan River, this well-maintained building is a short walk to downtown Duncan, yet situated on a quiet no-thru street. Light and bright, this 2 BR/ 2 bath home features a gas fireplace in the living room, an eat-in kitchen, and the condo has been updated with a gorgeous en-suite bathroom, complete with white tile and elegant cabine...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015